cambraiheaderred02

Cambrai East Military Cemetery.

Cambrai East Military Cemetery.

Cambrai East Military Cemetery was originally constructed by the Germans during their occupation. They took great care in its construction including monuments to the French, German and Commonwealth dead. On 11 August 1918, just as the Germans were retreating from the city, the Bavarian Commandant handed over to the city the care and maintenance of the cemetery.

[Home] [Latest Update] [The Battle] [The Remnants] [Then and Now] [The Fallen] [The Fallen] [The Epitaphs] [The Discussion Forum] [The Books] [About and Contact] [Links] [Further Reading]

poppy03