cambraiheaderred02

15 Ravine Cemetery

15 Ravine Cemetery

"Fifteen Ravine" was the name given by British troops to the shallow ravine, once bordered by fifteen trees, which ran at right angles to the railway about 800 metres south of the village of Villers-Plouich.

The cemetery was begun in April 1917 and contains a total of 1266 bodies, 1193 British, 1 Canadian, 60 New Zealanders , 10 South Africans and 2 Germans.

[Home] [Latest Update] [The Battle] [The Remnants] [Then and Now] [The Fallen] [The Fallen] [The Epitaphs] [The Discussion Forum] [The Books] [About and Contact] [Links] [Further Reading]

poppy03